Friday, July 7, 2017

Microgreens are Fun and Easy!!

Hello again!


(Alto Leeks, 3 weeks of growth harvest by week 5)

      There is nothing better than watching your plants grow into a beautiful crop then devouring every tasty morsel right at the table. I've always been asked what are the easiest things to grow with a high return. Most people assume a root crop or flowers, which are easy but if you don't have even time to thin and replant after sowing seeds then you are honestly just wasting your precious seeds. 

     So what I recommend is to look through what herb or leafy green you constantly reach for whilst preparing your food, and choose that as your starter Microgreen. 

(Basil mix; Red Ruben, Thai, Lemon and Sweet Varieties)

     Here are some leeks and basil varieties that I have grown from seed in a mix of coconut coir and vermiculite. I used the flood and drain method (I'll go over in detail in another post) but what I suggest for beginners is to use a spray bottle with some nutrients in it and most the seeds and eventually the foliage when they develop. This will ensure great growth and a fool proof method to get some crop at the table, in about 15-25 days from when you have sown your seeds.

     Feel free to comment/message with questions regarding anything related to Microgreens or the nutrients needed. Again friends don't fear the garden. Engross yourself in it. 


Happy Gardening!

Farmer Jeff


Check out my Instagram :)   Here are some of my older videos, Subscribe and stay tuned for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...