Friday, January 3, 2014

Indoor Garden Solo Cup Update: End of Week 3

Indoor Organically Grown Herbs, Tomatoes and Peppers

    Yet another week has passed us by and my indoor organic garden is looking greener by the day. All this growth is just making me excited to start getting on the ball with my outdoor organic spring garden. I will soon be thinning out and transplanting my peppers and tomatoes so they can all have enough space to grow correctly instead of being crammed together in one cup.

Organically Grown Garlic Chives, Christmas Basil, Italian Oregano, German Thyme, Common Sage, and Giant Italian Parsley

    You wouldn't believe how pungent these herbs are, it is quite ridiculous to say the least. My Garlic Chives aren't propagating as quickly as I would like them to, but patience is what gardening is all about. Considering how fast all of these herbs are growing, I would say that maybe in about three to four weeks from now these plants will have an amazing root system developed in these Solo Cups. I am going to be planting these on the outskirts of my raised garden beds to promote bees to come to my wonderful garden.

Organically Grown Carnival, Italian Pepperoncini, Giant Yellow Monster, and Early Jalapeno Peppers 

    These peppers are going to be quite the treat once I am able to harvest from them. I chose a diversity of colors and heat so that I have a variety of uses for them. Each pepper will mature at different times, which makes harvesting at different intervals key. Sometimes I let my peppers sun-dry on fishing line and crush them for later as a spice or use them for organic garden bug spray. (Only if it is a hot pepper)


Organically Grown Blue Beauty, Roman, Bloody Butcher, Super Italian Paste Tomatoes

     You barely see any vegetable gardens without tomato plants, they are a key staple. We use tomatoes to a variety of culinary uses with recipes from all around the world. Some of these tomatoes are different colors and sizes. I love growing "paste" size and cherry sized tomatoes, they make an ideal snack. These guys will be transplanted outside once they reach about two feet in height. Once spring comes, be on the look out! You'll see my tomato plants grow four times their original size!

    Well that is it for this update friends! Thank you for staying with me through my grow-log and my plants wonderful maturing journey. Hope it has been as much fun for you as it is fun for me. Until next time friends....

Keep it Green and Keep it Growing!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...