Friday, July 12, 2013

Harvesting Organic Spinach Grown From Seed!

Hey Fellow Green Thumbs!

   It's another post from the Desert Garden! I made yet another harvesting video! I'm harvesting "Blooms-dale Longstanding Spinach" from my raised bed I use specifically for greens. These greens were grown in the direct sun for about 45 days. Yes, 45 days! Amazing right?! The reason my spinach was growing and germinating faster is because of the heat and constant sun exposure! I watered my spinach about 5 times a day, (because it's in direct sun) and gave it a good helping of steer manure. I used steer manure because that was the highest nitrogen rich manure in my particular area, you can use any high leveled nitrogen manure if needed. Remember! You NEED manure when you grow organic spinach! It thrives off of nitrogen and that provides it with a healthy dose for a couple of months!

     ¤ Here's my video on Harvesting my organically grown spinach!



    ¤ Thank you guys for taking the time to read my blog and learn about desert gardening! Gardening is a gift anyone can give the earth and themselves. Not only are you learning about plants and certain foods that are healthy for you, you are also learning patience and are learning the true meaning of gardening. The reward of gratitude! Isn't it great that you can grow a living, breathing organism that provides food for you and the satisfaction of growing something yourself!

  ¤ Until next time my fellow Green Thumbs and Garden Heads!

♥ Keep it Green and Keep it Growing! ♥


HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...