Saturday, July 20, 2013

How to thin out your Onions!

             
                     Hey guys! I've noticed a lot of people don't really know how to thin out their onions or the reasons as to why this process is needed. Most people just sow their seeds randomly and just leave them tightly spread together, which will cause them to be super small and not grow properly! Even be more prone to illnesses! I learned how to thin out my onions through research and experience. I used normal tap water that wasn't too cold. The water helps the bulbs not dry out too fast in the direct desert sun when thinning out, or transplanting as some call it. The onions you will see in the video are both Italian varieties. One is a red torpedo style, and the other is a stew onion. I love these two distinct onion flavors and color. I wanted to get decent sized bulbs so that is why I am thinning them out. Anyways, here's the video! ☻


¤ Well, that's my process for thinning out onions! Hope you guys learned something new and something useful! Thanks for watching and reading! As always, Until next time folks!

Keep it Green and Keep it Growing!!

¤ BYE!! ¤
-The Desert Gardener ♥


HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...