Saturday, July 27, 2013

Man oh man! It's looking good!!

Hey guys! It's been quite a buy past week! I had my nine year anniversary with the love of my life and had a freak bit of thunderstorms hitting the Las Vegas valley. My anniversary was wonderful, but my garden didn't like the wind that came with the storms we had. I'm going to share with you guys a few photos of how far certain plants are progressing through this weird weather. Enjoy :) !!

Here's my straight-neck yellow zucchini squash that just formed the morning after another weird Las Vegas storm. 

 I picked this guy off the plant because it turned just the right shade of pink. I learned how to tell when it's ready for harvest through trial an error, lots of error. That's how we learn and improve :). 

These spicy boys are a real treat. They're called Santa Fe Peppers and get a real kick to them once they change to a red like you see here. If you are a fan of spicy peppers. I'd say give this one a go! 

Some beautiful Italian heirloom Roma tomatoes. What can I say? These are super flavourful and provide just the right amount of acidity to sauces, soups, and salads. 

This Cubanelle Pepper is one extreme eye-candy. I mean wow! Not only is it a mild sweet pepper. It's an awesome pepper for gourmet plating. Does quite well in the desert dry climate!  

Pimentos' are my top Five Spicy Peppers to grow. They are gorgeous and dreadful at the same time. Why did I say dreadful? Well, it's a super spicy pepper when matured, and with the ribs left in it. Watch out!

 It's an amazing thing to grow your own food. It has more flavour than the average market and more nutrients in them! Thanks for reading and enjoying these beautiful bountiful plants. Until next, keep it green and keep it growing. 


HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...