Saturday, February 22, 2014

Onions: Thinning out the Old, Spreading out the New



    Spring has sprung for Las Vegas and that means I had to go out to the garden and figure out which plants need to go and which need to still grow! I absolutely love it when spring comes around, it's such an addicting feeling. Once I started harvesting several different alliums, I just could not stop! I saw a couple of onions that did not get the chance to fully grow through the previous Winter months, so I took the liberty of freeing them from their claustrophobic growing space.

    Once I pulled the clustered onions to safety, I put them into a cup of water in order to make certain the roots will not dry out. After making sure every single onion had enough space to fully mature and grow into a nice sized crop, I worked the soil of my onion patch yet again to add some manure into it.


    I'm telling you, there is an incredible feeling when you work with your hands in a garden. I really can't put it into words other than, zen. So why not go and make a little bit of space in your backyard or front yard for your very own therapeutic slice of heaven. Until next time...


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...