Sunday, February 2, 2014

Organic Indoor Salad Greens: End of Week 6

Organic Indoor Eros Escarole

   What a wonderful sight! I cannot hold a smile back when I see anything growing in a garden. Salad Greens are no exception, to me certain leafy greens just grow incredibly beautifully. My Organic Eros Escarole, in the picture above, took on a whole new journey. Some of the leaves as you can see started drying up, so I gave the plant a little extra manure. After doing that, it seemed to have gotten back into the healthy growing spirit. As you can see in the middle of the plant, the new leaves that are sprouting are growing at an amazing rate. This growth seemed to have happened over a series of three nights. Which I am totally grateful for!

Organic Indoor Gourmet European Mesclun Salad Mix

   After already using the "cut and come again" technique all of my salad greens seem to reproducing quite well. These Gourmet Mesclun Greens are thriving off of just compost, manure and water. Nothing special is needed to grow a full pot of salad greens, especially since these greens are fully mature under a month. I cannot stress how easy and how rewarding growing your own greens can be. I mean I seriously stopped buying salad greens from the market all together because of my indoor organic salad greens I am growing. After a while of constantly going to the market and buying fresh salad, only to have to throw away the last portion that usually ends up getting soggy from packaging it is in.

   There is no limit to what we can grow indoors, as long as you have the right equipment that is! Thanks again for following my grow-log, it means so much for me. Leave me a comment if you have any questions or inquiries. Until next time friends....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...