Wednesday, February 26, 2014

USING WATER SMART IN DESERT CLIMATES


    To me having a yard with grass in a desert climate is a complete and utter waste of time. More importantly it is a complete waste of WATER. I never understood anyone in Las Vegas who decides to keep a yard with grass. You could be saving that water and much more money by just having a garden, in my opinion. Take this for instance, my neighbor puts their water on for about 9 minutes roughly 4 times a day. Where our yards meet, my side is filled with rocks and it usually is drenched with the water from their sprinkler system. I watch everyday as the gutter fills with overly used water from my whole street. It saddens me so that these people are so ignorant to the fact that they could be growing crops and actually using those crops for a purpose.

    Everyone I see with grass in Las Vegas in their yard, usually ends up only being green for about 2 months because of the vicious desert sun. Then you'll see the same people complain about wasting time and their water to feed their dead grass, yet they still continue each year with the same cycle. I believe we should break that cycle in Las Vegas and maybe REQUIRE people to have a garden of their own. Since the majority of all veggie crop and fruit crop are imported into this city.



    I whole heartily believe if the city of Las Vegas does push some requirement like that out, we'll see more healthier people out here. Let me know what you think and if you see the same problem where you live. Keep the gardening passion growing and grow something green! Until next time....

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!




HyperSmash

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that wonderful comment! ♥ I will check out your post! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the fantastic article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information. To get new information visit here
    garden makeover
    garden makeovers

    ReplyDelete

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...