Sunday, December 8, 2013

Growing Lettuce Indoors for Winter: Seeds Sprouting!

    decided to start some salad greens indoors a couple of days ago, so I can have some fresh salad greens during the Winter season. I love the taste of a fresh salad, especially when I grew each leaf from seed. With growing your own greens you are in control of the actual flavor of the end product. To me, if I let my plant mature past the average harvest date, it develops a bitter note of taste. I grew some new salad greens I haven't had the chance to try to grow before. Here are some photos of my salad greens sprouting.

Organically Gourmet European Salad Mix 

I wanted to try this mix and see what all the fuss was about it being "gourmet". The mix contains; Arugula, Tres Fin Endive, Radicchio, New Red Fire, Galactic, Red Saladbowl and Forellenschluss. I'm hoping that this was a good choice to try a new mix on a whim.

Organic Giant Caesar Lettuce 

This lettuce is a favourite of mine and I just can't stop myself from constantly growing this specific variety. If you are a salad lover and a gardener, buy these seeds from any organic distributor immediately. You will thoroughly enjoy this lettuce, especially how it can withstand any salad dressing.

Organic Eros Escarole

Anyone can tell you that if you want to make your own salad it is going to cost you a little bit. All growing your own salad costs is good soil, water and some care. Nothing beats eating the freshest greens that are rich with healthy nutrients and vitamins. Try growing salad greens sometime and maybe you'll realize that. Until next time folks, Keep it Green and Keep it Growing! 

Stay tuned for future updates of my Winter Indoor Organic Salad Greens!

HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...