Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Radishes Organically Grown Indoors: Fast Healthy Organic Crop

Organic French Radish

    I started some French Radishes indoors a couple of days ago, and they already took off to a brilliant start. I decided on radishes for the fact of it only taking between twenty days to thirty-five days from seed to crop, and that it's loaded with nutrients. These sproutlings you see in the picture above are going to mature into a nice healthy-sized crop in no time at all. Right now they are in a coconut shell and manure mix with some vermiculite to act as an amazing growing medium.

   I'm so excited for these radishes! This is my fourth time planting this specific breed and it's one of my top favorites. I usually slice them to a half inch and pan fry it for a minute, then add them to my ramen mix. I've eaten them in a salad and roasted, which are both palate and visual eye-candy. I love just seeing the progress of my plants through my blog and I hope you enjoy this too.

Until next time, Keep it Green and Keep it Growing.

Ciao!

HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...