Thursday, March 6, 2014

Alliums: Companion Plants and Plants to Avoid!


Organically Grown Italian Torpedo Onion, English Leek, Cippolina Onion

    I don't know about you guys, but in my household, we use various alliums religiously with everything we cook. I love the way they smell raw and cooked. And I'm sure you do too! Well, I promised you fine folk that I would provide more growing information on companion planting and so I decided to share my information on alliums.

    Now most of you are thinking "What the hell are Alliums?" and that this guy is just totally nuts. Well, I'm here to tell you that onions actually belong to a plant family and that family is called "Allium". The Allium family include; onions, garlic, chives, shallots and leeks.

    Alliums help FRUIT TREES, NIGHTSHADES, TOMATOES, PEPPERS, POTATOES, BRASSICAS and CARROTS. *Brassicas are plant family, just like Alliums. Brassicas include; broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, turnip and radish.*

    Alliums are helped by CARROTS.

    AVOID PLANTING ALLIUMS NEAR BEANS, PEAS AND PARSLEY. *These plants will MOST LIKELY bring BAD BUGS or cause overall bad growth to your Alliums*
 
    I hope this list helps you plan your garden around which plants will benefit your crop and not deteriorate its health. I thank you guys for staying with me through my gardening journey and through my sustainability journey. This year I am shooting for my family and immediate family to not be supported through this rubbish grocery/market system. SO stay tuned in for my future YouTube Videos and Blogposts on here. Until next time folks....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...