Saturday, March 1, 2014

WAYS TO WATER YOUR GARDEN


    So many Las Vegas residents end up asking me how do I water my garden without wasting so much time actually filling a bucket then watering each plant individually. I actually DO NOT do this. In my opinion, that is a waste of time. Especially during the summer months when an individual can get heat-stroke from just tending their garden.

   So I came up with a plan! I dug up all of my water pipes throughout my backyard, so I can see where each sprinkler head is located at. After doing that, I took off the sprinkler head and attached a top where I can attach about 8 individual hose lines with a drop stake that can be put right next to my plants.


    Doing this method, I have saved myself from heat exhaustion and also granted myself more time to focus on the well being of my plants. Take a look at the picture above, do you see the little knob right next to the stalk of my Pepperoncini Plant? That is the drip stake. I promise you, this is probably one of the best methods to use for watering your garden in this desert climate.

    I hope this helps out you guys and puts into perspective how harsh gardening in the desert can be on the gardener. Make sure to wear sunscreen and don't exert yourself just to water your plants. They won't benefit from anything if you cannot take care of them! Until next time

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...