Thursday, March 20, 2014

♥ MY ALLIUMS PROGRESS!! ♥

ORGANIC DESERT ALLIUMS

   I do not know about you guys, but I absolutely LOVE the smell my Alliums give off in my Organic Desert Garden. I just cannot resist taking a piece off of one and munching on it whilst I tend the garden. It seriously tastes completely different than any type of Allium I have bought through the local grocery stores ever. There is seriously nothing to compare it to other than being ten times more flavourful and ten times more refreshing. All of these Alliums are from my Fall run last year, yes they have not been harvested. The reason being is that any Alliums planted during Summer, Fall and/or Winter takes (in most cases) twice as long to mature.


ORGANIC DESERT ALLIUMS

   The reason being that the sun is not around long enough through Fall and Winter to provide the much needed light and heat. Which is what the majority of Alliums require to be fully developed and fully nutritional. I estimate that these Alliums will start to fully mature towards the end of April and the beginning of May. Which is the perfect time, for me and my family at least, to store them for the Winter season here in the desert. I strongly recommend growing enough crop to store throughout the Fall and Winter seasons because it is always going to taste better than what you can find at the market and sometimes you cannot even find these specific cultivars of Alliums other than growing them yourself. Thanks again for reading and staying with me through this sustainable journey and I promise I will try to update DAILY. Until next time green thumbs....


¤ KEEP IT GREEN AND KEEP IT GROWING!! ♥

   FOLLOW ME ON THESE SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS! I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK!! ♥ ♥

TWITTER   INSTAGRAM   PINTREST   YOUTUBE   BLOGSPOT   GOOGLE+




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...