Monday, March 17, 2014

Sustainable Living Tips: Canning

Organic Jarred Tomato Sauce 

   My Fiancee and I have been canning for about 2 years now. We use this process for a majority of crop I grow throughout the spring and summer, to be available to eat during fall and winter. Doing this process usually takes us about a full day or two, just because of all the different food we make to can. In these pictures, we made a batch of tomato sauce and are canning it without any preservatives which will give the sauce approximately a 6 month refrigerated shelf life.

Organic Jarred Tomato Sauce

    I love the fact that you can grow food throughout the spring and summer months, and have a safe and healthy way to store this food for later consumption. If you really are looking into trying to be sustainable and live a healthier life. Learn how to jar and preserve your well looked after crop. It will be a huge expense reliever and also will teach your children the importance of food and the value of money.

   I will be posting an in detail step-by-step process of canning in the future. So be on the look out for that! Check me out on the following Social Media Outlets!! I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK <3

TWITTER    INSTAGRAM    GOOGLE+    YOUTUBE    PINTREST    BLOGSPOT  




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...