Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pole Beans: Companion Plants and Plants to Avoid!



   Another day, and another addition to my "Companion Plants and Plants to Avoid" section! For me, the best type of bean I enjoy are specifically Pole Beans. I love them Frenched, Baked, Broiled, Pan Fried and done in a Wok. I usually grow extra Pole Beans just to throw some in my compost bin because they are a GREAT source of nitrogen bacteria and just break down extremely well in this Desert Heat.

   I usually grow my Pole Beans in a pot that is right up against a trellis, which I make myself. That way I can control how the plant will grow and what direction they will grow in.

   Pole beans are helped by RADISHES. **If you grow your Pole Beans in a garden bed with an angled trellis, plant some RADISHES underneath the trellis. Your Pole Beans will also make a shade wall naturally whilst growing on your trellis, thus providing your organic RADISHES with a proper shaded area.**

   AVOID PLANTING POLE BEANS NEAR SUNFLOWERS, BEETS AND BRASSICAS. **RADISH ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTION FROM THE BRASSICA FAMILY**

   Most of you are thinking, "Why is this nutter just writing specifically about Pole Beans and not just the Beans family?". Well I'll tell you why, Pole Beans grow completely different from Regular Beans and Bush Beans. I also use the same soil mix as my Kale for my Pole Beans, and I have never had any problems growing them that way. For me, Beans and Bush Beans take a different amount of care than their brother the Pole Beans. If you are thinking about starting to grow your own Beans, I would recommend Pole Beans first since they are easier to grow and require less maintenance than other Bean Cultivars. Hope this helps you plan and I hope my information helps you with various questions you have. If you require more information feel free to comment or email me! Until next time folks....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...