Monday, March 3, 2014

CUCUMBER: COMPANION PLANTS AND PLANTS TO AVOID!

ORGANICALLY GROWN JAPANESE CUCUMBER

    Alright guys! I decided to go through the list of various vegetables and fruits to share with you all MY knowledge of what crop grows well together, what fights off bugs and disease, and finally what CANNOT be grown together.

    So many people start gardening with the notion that each and every single thing they decide to put into their garden, will indeed be healthy and grow plentiful. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that just is not the case. Just like how certain food should never be cooked together because of the vulgar taste they create when combined, gardening is taken in the same sense.

    Today I felt like starting with CUCUMBERS. Why am I starting with cucumbers? Well I just transplanted my cucumbers into their section of my garden box today. :). In which I had so much fun getting my hands and feet dirty planting them!

    Cucumbers are helped by BEANS, KOHLRABI and LETTUCE. *These crops will aide in deterring bad bugs, and promote healthy growth*

    Cucumbers help KOHLRABI, NASTURTIUMS, RADISHES, MARIGOLDS, SUNFLOWERS, PEAS, BEANS, BEETS, CARROTS AND DILL.

    AVOID PLANTING CUCUMBERS NEAR ANY AROMATIC HERBS(EXCEPT DILL) AND AWAY FROM ANY POTATOES! *You will get "bad bugs" that can kill your crop if you plant cucumbers close to these plants.

    Well I hope that helps you guys figure out your garden plot and make sure to rearrange your plants if they are growing near anything that can kill it or cause harm to it. Be on the look out for future posts on various companion planting. Until next time....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...