Saturday, January 4, 2014

Organic Indoor Radishes: Half-way Grown!

Organically Grown French Radishes

    Nothing is more amazing than a specific crop that only takes a month from germination to harvest to grow. Radishes are diverse in every culture and quite an abundant crop seen in the majority of households in several different countries. When you initially say the word radish to someone the first word to pop into their head will most likely be "daikon" which is a famous Japanese radish breed.

    The type of radish I am currently growing is called a "French Radish". This radish is obviously commonly used in France and has quite a crisp taste when harvested on time. These radishes have been growing for about twenty or so days now, and should be fully ready in about a week or two weeks time. I grow my radishes so I can use them for salads or ramen. I just cannot eat ramen or udon for the matter without a radish in it, it just isn't right to me. Every ramen or udon I have had ever has always had a piece of radish in it or made with radishes in the stock.

    For my spring garden I am thinking about getting a new type of radish to try to grow out there and see if there is truly a different taste between each other. I was thinking about either trying a daikon radish or a purple radish which would pop out on any dish. All in all it is so cool just to grow this crop and be able to continually harvest throughout the year with the right planting times.

    Well that is it for today's update friends! These radishes are really bolting, soon I'll be posting about harvesting them and making a video out of it. Thank you yet again for reading and staying current with my grow-log and me! Until next time....

Keep it Green and Keep it Growing!




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...