Sunday, January 19, 2014

Outdoor Organic Onion Patch

Organic Outdoor Onion Patch

   I have been growing onions in this patch for well over a year now. These onions you see in the photo above are my third cycle of onions I have planted from seed. The total cost for me for growing my onions fails in to compare how much I spend on onions. Every onion I have planted has smelled and tasted like no onion I have ever had before. Growing onions yourself is an amazing treat, especially since my household uses onions in pretty much every other dish. So far I have only grown Wallah Wallah Onions and French Grey Shallots, which I grew twice in a row. Overall, I will always grow new organic onion cultivars as long as I can get my green hands on them. ^^

Organic Outdoor Cippolina Onions

   I love stews and soups, you'd know that if you are a constant reader of my posts. These Cippolina onions are just the perfect stew and soup onion ever grown, in my opinion of course. Cippolina onions are small, but nonetheless take the same amount of time to grow as a medium sized onion. The one thing about these onions I love to do with is to make a little bowl out of it then fill it with zucchini and peppers and roast it in the oven till it is browned. That makes a yummy one bite snack!

Organic Outdoor Italian Red Torpedo Onions

   Italian Red Torpedo onions to me, make the perfect addition to any salad because of the intense onion flavour and crunch they have to offer everyone's palette. I decided to grow these onions because I cannot find them at any market I have been to as of yet and because they are a pretty onion to grow.  I am assuming that these onions will be full matured by the middle of March, which is the time for perfect weather to start to eat outdoors!

Organic Outdoor English Leeks

   My Fiancee has had me hooked on English Leeks for the longest time. We both tried leeks raw together in a delicious salad from a restaurant in England, which lead us to our leek addiction today. My Fiancee will also use these delicious cultivar of leeks in her version of potato and lee soup which I will hopefully talk her into posting a video or a blog on that specific recipe.

   Well I hope you enjoy eating onions so much that hopefully you'll think about growing your own onions to eat for your family or yourself. Thanks again for reading and following/subscribing to my various social media accounts. Until next time folks....

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING



HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...