Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Indoor Organic Salad Greens: End of Week 4

Organic Eros Escarole
    It's been quite a great week since my last post. All of my plants have been progressing at a really steady rate and my room just looks incredible. Even after that blasted cat thinking that my plants are just his personal all you can eat salad bar. That was the only setback I had this time around in my organic indoor garden. I am hoping these plants will be ready for harvest in another two weeks or so. That would be my ideal harvest period. Other than that these plants are looking extremely healthy!

 Organic Giant Caesar Lettuce
    I did not want to waste the space and thin out the two other lettuce heads forming in this pot. I thought, "Why not let them grow and see how much I can get out of a fully mature harvest, maybe even enough for a salad for two!" So I am going to do just that, let them grow and see when it is harvest time if I have indeed grown a decent amount of greens in one little pot.

Organic Gourmet European Mesclun Salad Mix

    These little guys were throwing me off for a little bit, literally over night these guys had a growth spurt. At first I thought my crop was not healthy and just going to curl up and die. But the latter happened, which I am extremely thankful for. These mesclun are just about ready to be harvested and I am definitely going to use the "cut and come again" method to see the reproduction rate on these specific cultivar.

    I couldn't help myself, so I ripped off a piece of Giant Caesar Lettuce and started snacking whilst taking these photos for you guys to see. The leaf was so crunchy and it isn't even fully mature yet so I'm really excited to share that harvesting moment with you guys later on.

     I thank you again for following/subscribing to my posts and my social media outlets, remember I always follow back! Be on the look out for future grow-posts and other media I put out. Until next time....

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...