Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Indoor Organic Potted Veggie Plants: End of Week 4

Organic Flamingo Pink Swiss Chard

   Another week has gone by and more progress has been shown for each individual plant! Unfortunately my "vegetarian" cat ate the majority of my Flamingo Pink Swiss Chard sproutlings, which gave me no choice but to plant some more seeds. These are those seeds and are about a week old. So their growth is actually pretty decent. I'm hoping these will be ready for transplanting with my other plants.

Organic Lacinato "Dinosaur" Kale

    What a pretty texture that is developing on these Lacinato or Dinosaur Kale. I love eating and growing kale, it's just easy to grow and incredibly versatile culinary ingredient. This cultivar is one of my top choices for kale, and will continue to be until another cultivar knocks it out of the park. I use my spinach soil mixture for my kale plants which has lots of nitrogen in it.

Organic Bloomsdale Spinach

    What can I say? Ever since I saw Popeye as a boy I HAD to have spinach. This spinach is one of my favourites because it isn't very picky and works well in both my outdoor and indoor organic gardens. This spinach usually takes about sixty days for me to fully mature but I have heard and read peoples' posts/comments stating they have had it fully mature at day fifty-five. Just remember any spinach thrives off of nitrogen, so make sure to have lots of manure to spare!

Organic Tronchuda Kale

    Yet again another kale! This kale I am growing specifically for culinary use in stocks, stews and soups. This kale cultivar derives from Portugal, and is known for its use in Portuguese Soup. You are looking at about 3 weeks of actual growth since I got the seeds from Baker Creek Farms quite late. But overall this plant is a real producer and has excellent growth rate. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting to grow kale! You cannot find this cultivar in your average market either.

That is it for this weeks indoor organic potted plants, be on the look out for future posts/videos on gardening and adventuring! Thanks again for following and reading my posts, I am glad I get to share my grow-log with you fine people. Until next time...

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING





HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...