Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Organic Indoor Herbs: End of Week 5


Organic Indoor Herbs

   Yet another week has passed and my indoor garden is extremely aromatic due to the flowering and budding herbs that have been growing in there for the past five weeks. These herbs are completely relentless when it comes to growing, no wonder most people only recognize them as "weed-like" in their growth rate. I cannot begin to explain how amazing these herbs smell. The aroma is incredible, it is pretty much just having live potpourri. Everything I currently am growing is going to start to mature before I actually put it out in my outdoor garden because I want to have some living plants already to go when the last frost ends. If I timed everything right I should be having a continual harvest each week, which I am hoping I got right!

   It is always a brilliant idea if you are the home cook to maybe look into the idea of growing your own herbs, since buying them frequently can be quite costly in the long run. Not only will growing your own herbs let you have your very own herb paradise but it will also teach you about the herbs you are using in your recipes. To me it is important to know what you are eating and where it has come from. This is why I will always promote and grow everything I consume myself.

   Thanks again for reading my grow-log and staying up-to-date. Give gardening a try, maybe it will be a stress relief or your new hobby. Until next time folks....

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...