Sunday, January 5, 2014

Organic Indoor Salad Greens: End of Week 3

Organically Grown Gourmet European Salad (Mesclun) Mix

    It's always an amazing thing when you can grow a full salad mix in a little over a month. Gourmet salad mixes can be quite pricey, but with growing your own salad mix in a pot it is at least 300% cut in cost. It's that magnificent, you only just have to have some patience and a little bit of knowledge. I use the same soil I would for my spinach as I do with all of my leafy greens. Greens love to thrive of lots of amounts of nitrogen, which can be found in most manure composts. These leafy greens will be done within a week or two. Be on the look out for a video on my mesclun harvest!


Organically Grown Eros Escarole

    I was so upset, I left my indoor garden door open because the room was started to get a little bit hot. I come back in the morning to find a cooled down room, and some of my leafy green crop eaten by my fat vegetarian cat. The worst thing is this cat has no shame. Within minutes he was back inside the room, he ninja'd his way in, and was trying to eat my crop yet again whilst I was telling my fiancee about her treacherous cat. This plant was producing well, but at least I get to try out the "cut and come again" technique on this particular breed of escarole. This will set me back about two to three weeks of re-growth time. Hope that blasted cat had his fill.

Organically Grown Giant Caesar Lettuce

    This leafy green has the taste of a romaine with the texture of a butterhead lettuce, which creates a delicious salad green. Giant Caesar Lettuce is one of my re-occurring grows that I just cannot find myself straying away from. This lettuce has always produced for me, never had any dud seeds, and the taste is just so original that I cannot even find the same lettuce I grow at the market. I love it when I cannot find the same crop I grow at the market, that just goes to show there are always produce you can grow yourself that you cannot find anywhere else. Some people choose to go to the Farmer's Market.

  ¤  Thanks again for staying up to date with my grow-log! It's always fun to see progress and even better to show said progress. Until next time friends....

Keep it Green and Keep it Growing!



HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...