Thursday, January 23, 2014

Organic Indoor Spinach and Swiss Chard: End of Week 5

 Organic Indoor Bloomsdale Spinach

   I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to have this spinach plant growing. I love spinach. I would eat spinach every day if I could, I did not grow enough spinach to last me throughout this years winter unfortunately. But the only way we learn is through trial and error, so through my error I now know to start saving and storing my spinach a couple of weeks earlier for next winter. Bloomsdale spinach is an insanely fast reproducing spinach cultivar, I believe this cultivar should be a staple in every novice gardeners' garden. This plant usually will start fully producing around the fifty-fifth day after germination in my personal experience. This is the only spinach cultivar I have grown since I started gardening and I actually am going to try out a new spinach cultivar this spring in my organic outdoor garden, so be on the look out for those future posts and YouTube videos!

Organic Indoor Flamingo Pink Swiss Chard

   I cannot believe that my fiancees' cat decided to eat all of my swiss chard sproutlings I had previously growing in this container you see here. After planting new seeds about two weeks ago, we are at this stage yet again. But at least the growth rate and germination rate are extremely fast and ideal for the average garden. I am excited to try this plant, I always heard its similar to kale but has its own taste. It's always fun to try something new and exotic!

   Thanks again for following and reading my grow-posts, it means the world to me. Let me know what your favourite veggie or fruit is, and maybe I can tell you how to grow it! Until next time friends....

¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING



HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...