Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Organic Indoor Tomatoes and Peppers: End of Week 5


Organic Indoor Tomatoes

    Another week has gone by and another picture that shows the various tomatoes I have planted growth. This is truly satisfying, recording a grow-log and sharing it with you fine folk so you can see the joys and wonder of gardening. There is no way I would ever give this hobby and lifestyle of mine up for anything. The rewards are beneficial and in the long run I get to learn something new everyday about each plant and each of their cultivars. So far I have learned that these tomatoes will rapidly grow if there is a substantial amount of light. Also that no matter how sunny it is that if these tomato plants get too hot, they will wither and die. So in order to protect these lovely plants, later on I will be covering my Outdoor Organic Garden with a layer of Burlap Cloth so that the plants can get enough beneficial shade and still thrive in the deserts burning sun.

Organic Indoor Peppers

    These pepper plants are already trying to start to flower even though I have not thinned them out and transplant them into their own individual Solo Cup. Each plant's stalk is incredibly thick and flexible even though they have only been growing for about five full weeks. Which is a great sign and shows that this plant will be healthy and hopefully hold up all of its' crop when it produces. All of these peppers I am growing are going to be specifically grown for my family. Sometimes I give out free extra crop to my neighbors and friends when my immediate family cannot finish it all before the crop spoils. Hopefully these pepper plants will keep a nutritious and fast reproduction rate when they start producing beautiful yummy peppers for me to pick. I will definitely set aside a few of each pepper to see how they handle being turned into a spice.

    Hopefully you will want to start planting a vegetable plant or two and give gardening a try. Thanks again for reading my posts, it means so much to me. Leave me a comment if you have any questions, recommendations for plants to grow, or just want to chat. Until next time friends....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING




HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...