Sunday, January 19, 2014

Organic Outdoor Winter Kale and Parsley

Organic Outdoor Red Russian Kale

   I have been using the "cut and come again" technique I believe about four times now, and you can see the re-growth results on this plant here which has reproduced with fully nutritional leafy greens ready for the picking. This was the first cultivar of kale I grew when I started gardening so long ago. Kale is a very versatile leafy green that can be used in a variety of different culinary uses and different types of cuisine (i.e. European, American, English, Asian). The re-growth rate of this specific cultivar, for me at least, is about a week to a week and a half. Which is perfect for me because I use kale quite frequently for various favourite dishes of mine, such as ramen and baked chips. Kale is an extremely easy plant and grows throughout the winter, if you cover them with burlap as I did which keeps them warm and lets them mature but at a slower rate.

Organic Outdoor Giant Italian Parsley

   Parsley is a staple in our house hold, and I am sure it is a staple in many other house holds as well. This plant hold so extremely well in frost condition and throughout winter. This plant was the only thing left thriving in one of my outdoor raised garden beds. This cultivar is an extremely easily grow and holds up to anything, I would definitely recommend first time gardeners to grow this specific cultivar, because its so extremely easy to maintain and grow.

   This goes to show that there are some veggies and herbs out there that will thrive in winter conditions. Thanks again for reading and following/subscribing to my social media, it means so much to me and I always follow back! Until next time friends...


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!


HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...