Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Organic Winter Kale


Organically Grown Kale: Red Russian & Lacinato "Dinosaur"
    There has been a craze about kale being delicious and nutritious, which is completely true. I've been growing kale ever since I started gardening and it is quite addicting.There are so many different cultivars of kale from the average kale you will see in your everyday market. Which all taste extremely amazing in stews, soups, broiled, as chips or side dishes.

Organically Grown Red Russian Kale

    I have two cultivar of kale growing in my garden this winter, which are obviously a winter-hardy crop. Both kales' have always had a great reproduction rate when using the "cut and come again" method. They are being grown in my outdoor raised garden beds currently and are about 56 days into growth from germination.

    I will continue to keep growing different cultivars of every type of edible plant out there, so that these plants will not go extinct. Each of these cultivars are special and original in their own way that is unmistakable for anyone to miss.

Organically Grown Lacinato "Dinosaur" Kale

    It would be an amazing thing if everyone started growing some of the food the consume. As for me, I will continue growing and providing my family and friends with healthy exotic food that you can only get fresh from growing it yourself. Until next time folks.....

 ¤ Keep it Green and Keep it Growing! ¤



HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...