Thursday, January 23, 2014

Organic Indoor Salad Greens: End of Week 5

Organic Indoor Eros Escarole

   One cannot describe how amazing it feels to know that I, with my own hands, have brought this plant to life from seed with the use of knowledge I have obtained through trial and error. This seed was extremely fast during the germination stage and had a steady growth rate throughout its life. This cultivar to me is a must grow salad green to accompany other leafy greens in whatever salad you decide to make. This growth is amazing considering this is one of the plants my cat decided to eat.

Organic Indoor Giant Caesar Lettuce

   Another one of the plants my cat thought belonged to him and his stomach. Yet look at the regrowth and how yummy these leafy greens look. I always grow this leafy salad green just because of the taste and how well this salad holds dressing whilst not getting soggy. This green I would say is about a third of the way to full maturity. Each head will be quite compact and wide. I am looking forward to sharing its full maturity with you fine folks, the pictures will be phenomenal!

Organic Indoor Gourmet European Mesclun Salad Mix

   These Gourmet European Mesclun Salad Mix leafy greens are about to mature in a day or so and be ready for my fiancee and I to have a little salad snack. These greens usually are done between twenty seven to thirty five days after germination. I will always regrow this cultivar of mesclun just because of the fact of continual harvest, which is extremely possible and highly recommended to do with the majority of mesclun cultivars.

   Another week, and more growth to show for it. I cannot wait to share a harvest video of salad greens with you fine folks. Which will come round soon enough! Thanks again for reading and following my posts, it means so much to me. Until next time friends....


¤ Keep it GREEN and Keep it GROWING!



HyperSmash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall Crops, easy crops for beginners part 5 Spinach and Broccoli

And we are back with the 5th entry in the FALL CROPS series!! In this entry I will be covering on how to plant and take care of Spinach an...